Spare Bus Drivers - Division wide
Location: All Areas within FVSD
Competition #: 6876
Date Posted: September 6th, 2022
Closing Date: Open Ended
The Transportation Department is seeking to hire Casual Spare Drivers to replace regular Bus Driver’s as needed in the following town and rural areas:
Blue Hills, Fort Vermilion, La Crete, Rocky Lane,
Buffalo Head Prairie, Rainbow Lake
- Class 2 MELT Driver's Licence with S endorsement (training is provided)
- Good driving record as evidenced by a Commercial Driver’s Abstract
- An ability to work cooperatively with Students, School Staff, and Parents.
- Evidence of successfully passing the required Police Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC)
- Evidence of successfully passing the Children’s Services Intervention Record Check (IRC) if applicable.
Reimbursement of Licensing Costs is possible to new licensees as follows:
- Class 2 MELT and S endorsement, written and driver exam fees up to $300.00 per person
- Air Brakes course fees up to $475 per person
- Medical exam fees up to $125.00
- Paid for daily route kilometers driven at Step 0 on the Bus Driver Salary grid plus holiday pay.
For additional information, contact Bruce Harder, Director of Essential Services at 780-928-3860.
Vulnerable Sector Check & Intervention Record Check:
- The VSC dated within 6 months, may follow your application, and must be presented as a condition of employment
- The IRC dated within 6 months, may follow your application and must be presented as a condition of employment only if it is applicable to you
- Print off the Bus Driver Application Forms 2022-23 and email your application to email@example.com
- Application forms may also be picked up from, and submitted to, the Essential Services Building in La Crete