Resources for All
Fort Vermilion School Division is committed to providing mental health supports and resources to students, families, and staff. You can find trustworthy resources and information here.
Alberta Health Services Help In Tough Times is an up-to-date and comprehensive website where Albertans of all ages can quickly find information about coping and stress management, access to community support services and virtual mental health supports.
Resources for Students
Alberta COVID-19 Youth Mental Health Resource Hub: https://jack.org/Resources/ABHub
- Who can I talk to for support?
- Kids Help Phone : 1.800.668.6868 (toll free across Canada) or txt 686868
- Mental Health Helpline: 1.877.303.2642 (toll free within Alberta)
- AHS Addictions & Mental Health (High Level) - 780-841-3229
- National Suicide Hotline – 1-833-456-4566
- Crisis Line (telephone support ,not 24 hrs) 780 427-4491
- The support Network – Distress line (24 hours) 780-482-4357(help)
- Youth One – Crisis Chat www.youthone.ca
Resources for Parents
- Talking to Kids about COVID: Talking To Kids About COVID-19 - Anxiety Canada
- Talking with children about Coronavirus Disease 2019 | CDC
- Support for at-home learning: What Type Of Learner Is Your Child? | GradePower Learning
- Open Mind: Youth Mental Health tools and Resources: Tools and resources to guide youth mental health and wellbeing.
- Resources and Tips During COVID-19: Tip sheets on navigating COVID-19 on returning to school, self-care, keeping connected, changing your frame of mind and many more.
- Family Resource Centre - http://thevillagefrn.ca/ or 780-926-4668 – Local parent education opportunities and parenting support.
- Crisis and Trauma Resources: https://ca.ctrinstitute.com/?vgo_ee=a0E%2Bx1RwCyGnwOErRLwma%2B7fZ51DVwdkonjkMi%2BR8Gg%3D
- If you cannot find a service you’re looking for call 211 Alberta, Help Starts Here
Resources for Staff
FVSD Mental Health and Wellness Psychology Services