The Fort Vermilion School Division has created a Bursary Program to assist individuals living within the FVSD boundaries to attain their Bachelor of Education. This bursary is open annually from December 1 to January 15, with applications due by Jan 15.
This program is for individuals entering into a 4-Year BEd program or a 2-Year After-Degree BEd program at an accredited Alberta university.
- FVSD pays tuition only - the student is responsible for any other fees, textbook costs, etc.
- BEd program - completed as a full-time student over 4 years
- After Degree BEd program - completed as a full-time student over 2 years
- Successful applicants must sign a Return Service Agreement with the Fort Vermilion School Division (minimum 2 years)
In order to qualify for this Bursary, interested applicants MUST:
- Be graduating from the Fort Vermilion School Division OR
- be currently working for the Fort Vermilion School Division (minimum of 2 years) or
- be living in the Fort Vermilion School Division area (minimum of 3 years).
- Apply to the Fort Vermilion School Division BEd Bursary by completing:
- the bursary application (located here);
- submitting 750-1000 word essay on their experiences working with children, how it has impacted them personally and why they would make an excellent FVSD teacher (submit to email@example.com);
- current year FVSD Graduate or FVSD Employee that works specifically with children must submit a recommendation letter from their Administrator;
- undergo a pre-screening interview (offered based on a review of application and essay).
- Successfully apply, get admitted and enter in a 4-Year BEd program or 2-Year After-Degree BEd program at an accredited Alberta university.
The Fort Vermilion School Division will:
- Upon approval of the Student’s Bursary application, and upon receipt of confirmation of the Student’s registration into the course of studies, the FVSD will pay the sum of the total cost of tuition only as an award for the Student to continue in the course of studies.
- Upon graduation, guarantee an interview for the purpose of entering this information into the FVSD HR Pool for Principals to access when hiring staff.