Welcome to the Fort Vermilion School Division!
Below you will find our student registration form. All FVSD schools use the same registration form, please make sure to indicate which school you are registering your child in.
*NOTE: Continuing students DO NOT need to register each school year, they will automatically be enrolled for the upcoming school year.
New student registrations MUST include student identification (ie. birth certificate) in order to complete the registration process. Identity documents are REQUIRED prior to the student beginning classes. Foreign born students will also require parent identity and citizenship documents.
Please click the "Registration Requirements for ECS to Grade 12" heading below for a list of acceptable documents.
Is my child old enough for Kindergarten?
Kindergarten Eligibility: Your child MUST be five years old by December 31, 2023 to be enrolled for the 2023-2024 school year.
Not sure which schools are in your community or what grades they serve? Visit our School Directory page for grade level and contact information. Please see below for a quick reference list of FVSD schools and the communities they serve.
- Florence MacDougall Community School - Early Intervention, K-3
- Spirit of the North Community School - Grades 4-6
- High Level Public School - Grades 7-12
- Pathways - Grades 7-12 (Outreach Centre/Online Learning)
- Sandhills Elementary School - Pre-Kindergarten, K-3
- Ridgeview Central School - Grades 4-6
- La Crete Public School - Grades 7-12
- Pathways (Satellite Location) - Grades 7-12 (Outreach Centre/Online Learning)
Rural La Crete Area:
- Hill Crest Community School (Blumenort) - Grades K-9
- Buffalo Head Prairie School (Buffalo Head Prairie) - Grades K-9
- Blue Hills Community School (Blue Hills) - Grades K-12
Fort Vermilion & Area
- St. Mary's Catholic School - K-6
- Fort Vermilion Public School - Grades 7-12
- Rocky Lane School (Rocky Lane) - K-12
- Rainbow Lake School - K-12
- Upper Hay River School - K-12
- Northern Home Education Centre - Grades 1-12
Please make sure to include the following information with your child's registration form:
- Proof of Identification/Citizenship (one of the following):
- Canadian Birth Certificate*
- Status Card from Indian & Northern Affairs Canada
- Canadian Citizenship Certificate
- Adoption Certificate
- Permanent Resident Documents
- Proof of Citizenship for Foreign Born Students (one of the following):
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- Parent/Guardian Canadian Work Permit
- Parent/Guardian Canadian Temporary Resident Permit
- Parent/Guardian Student Study Permit
- Parent/Guardian Acknowledgement of Convention of Refugee Claim
- Alberta Health Care Number
- Physical Address & Mailing Address
- Urban Residents please provide your street address
- Rural Residents please provide your rural 911 address (green road sign)
- Current Contact Numbers for Parents/Guardians & Emergency Contacts
*Birth Certificate Application Form (download and open in Acrobat if your browser doesn't display the form): AB Application for Birth Documents
For more information on how to apply for an Alberta Birth Certificate please visit the Alberta Government website: Order a Birth Certificate