Educational Assistant, part-time .5 FTE
School & Student Support
Location: Hill Crest Community School
Competition #: 16115
Date Posted: May 25th, 2023
Closing Date: June 7th, 2023 - 12:00pm
Hill Crest Community School is hiring a part-time .54 FTE Educational Assistant for the 2023-2024 school year.
The Educational Assistant is part of a school team effectively supporting students in the Divisional priorities of Numeracy, Literacy, and Connectivity. Educational Assistants work with students in classrooms, individually, and in small groups as directed by School Administration.
The current role of this position is to provide small group Interventions. Duties are assigned according to student needs and will change accordingly.
Schools within the Fort Vermilion School Division follow an inclusive education model. Students with diverse learning needs are included within the regular classroom setting wherever possible. Targeted and specialized supports and services are provided as required by individual students either within the regular classroom or in a specialized setting.
Please contact Principal, Ben Giesbrecht at 780-927-3203, BenG@fvsd.ab.ca for more information.
Start Date: August 30, 2023
Hours per week: 16.25 hours (3.25 hours x 5 mornings)
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Educational Assistant Certificate or equivalent
- Knowledge or understanding of the following: mathematics at the k-9 grade levels, the science of reading, and social emotional supports for children
- Experience working with students in a school setting
- An ability to work collaboratively with school staff and parents in a confidential manner
- Evidence of successfully passing the Police-Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC)
- Evidence of successfully passing the Alberta Children’s Services Intervention Record Check (IRC) if you have/had children
Salary & Benefits:
- $21.31 to $31.27 per hour, depending upon qualifications and experience
- This position does not qualify for benefits
Application must include: a cover letter, resume, and a minimum of 2 references
Vulnerable Sector Check & Intervention Record Check:
- The VSC dated within 6 months, may follow your application, and must be presented as a condition of employment
- The IRC dated within 6 months, may follow your application and must be presented as a condition of employment only if it is applicable to you
- Record Check information can be found at https://www.fvsd.ab.ca/careers/record-checks
Email Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: June 7, 2023 noon