School Secretary, full-time
School & Student Support
Location: High Level Public School
Competition #: 15468
Date Posted: November 23rd, 2022
Closing Date: Open Ended
High Level Public School is hiring a full-time School Secretary.
The School Secretary will assist students, staff and parents in a busy office environment. This position works operational days during the 10-month school year.
Start Date: Immediately Hours: 35 hours per week
- Bookkeeping including invoice entry, accounts payable/receivable, bank deposits and reconciliation
- Help with the financial aspect of fundraising efforts
- Telephone and reception
- Maintain student records and school files
- Student registration
- Data entry in Student Records software
- Report cards/marks submission
- Editing and publishing of various documents and communication items
- Ordering of supplies
- Other duties as assigned by School Administration
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Bookkeeping skills/experience required
- Relevant post-secondary diploma or similar office experience
- Fast and accurate typing skills
- Positive attitude with the ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Computer experience and/or training in the Microsoft Office Suite and Google programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to work as part of a team in a confidential office environment
- Able to recognize and respect the need for confidentiality
- Evidence of successfully passing the Police-Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) and the Alberta Children’s Services Intervention Record Check (IRC) if you have/had children
Salary & Benefits:
- $25.39 to $33.68 per hour, depending upon qualifications and experience
- Benefits will be provided after the mandatory 3-month probationary period is successfully completed
For more information regarding this position, contact Amber Paul at AmberP@fvsd.ab.ca
Application must include: A cover letter, resume, and a minimum of 2 references.
Vulnerable Sector Check & Intervention Record Check:
- The VSC dated within 6 months, may follow your application, and must be presented as a condition of employment.
- The IRC dated within 6 months, may follow your application and must be presented as a condition of employment only if it is applicable to you.
- Click here for more VSC / IRC information.
Email Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Open until filled