School Secretary, part-time
School & Student Support
Location: Hill Crest Community School
Competition #: 16118
Date Posted: May 25th, 2023
Closing Date: June 7th, 2023 - 12:00pm
Hill Crest Community School is hiring a part-time School Secretary for the 2023-2024 school year.
The part-time School Secretary will provide reception and clerical support as directed by school administration. The successful candidate will be part of a secretarial team, working two - 6 hour days each week, operational days only during the 10-month school year.
Start Date: August 29, 2023 Hours: 12 hours per week
- Telephone and reception
- Maintain student records and school files
- Data entry in Student Records software
- Editing and publishing of various documents and communication items
- Ordering of supplies
- Other duties as assigned by School Administration
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Relevant post-secondary diploma or similar office experience
- Fast and accurate typing skills
- Positive attitude with the ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Computer experience and/or training in the Microsoft Office Suite and Google programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to work as part of a team in a confidential office environment
- Able to recognize and respect the need for confidentiality
- Evidence of successfully passing the Police-Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) and the Alberta Children’s Services Intervention Record Check (IRC) if you have/had children
Salary & Benefits:
- $25.39 to $33.68 per hour, depending upon qualifications and experience
- This position does not qualify for benefits
For more information regarding this position, contact Principal, Ben Giesbrecht, BenG@fvsd.ab.ca
Application must include: A cover letter, resume, and a minimum of 2 references.
Vulnerable Sector Check & Intervention Record Check:
- The VSC dated within 6 months, may follow your application, and must be presented as a condition of employment.
- The IRC dated within 6 months, may follow your application and must be presented as a condition of employment only if it is applicable to you.
- Record Check Information can be found at https://www.fvsd.ab.ca/careers/record-checks
Email Application to: email@example.com
Deadline: June 7, 2023 noon