Library Assistant Term Position
School & Student Support
Location: High Level Public School
Competition #: 14014
Date Posted: November 12th, 2021
Closing Date: Open Ended
Job Start Date: February 7th, 2022
Job End Date: February 6th, 2023
Hours Per Week:
The Library Assistant is responsible to maintain the school library and help students and staff access library resources. This Term position will start February 7, 2022 and end February 6, 2023.
Duties will include:
- Circulation Desk-scan library materials in and out
- Book repair and collection of overdue books,
- Maintain a library budget and year-end inventory,
- Purchase and catalogue new books, and multimedia materials.
- Keep the library attractive and tidy, including displays and bulletin boards
- Assist with the planning and organization of author visits
- Assist students with technology when referencing or doing research.
- Promote Literacy within the school
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Post-secondary courses or library related experience
- Computer experience or training in Microsoft Office and Google programs
- An ability to work collaboratively with school staff and parents in a confidential manner
- Evidence of successfully passing the Police-Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC)
- Evidence of successfully passing the Alberta Children’s Services Intervention Record Check (IRC) if you have/had children.
Salary & Benefits:
- $20.54 to $30.14 per hour, depending upon qualifications and experience.
- Benefits will be provided after the mandatory 3-month probationary period is successfully completed.
Application must include: A cover letter, resume, and a minimum of 2 references.
Vulnerable Sector Check & Intervention Record Check:
- The VSC dated within 6 months, may follow your application, and must be presented as a condition of employment.
- The IRC dated within 6 months, may follow your application and must be presented as a condition of employment only if it is applicable to you.
- Click here for more VSC / IRC information.
Email Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Open until filled.