Programming is available for children with severe, mild and moderate needs up to the age of 6.
- Children as young as 3 years of age on or before December 31st of a given school year may be eligible if they have a severe need.
- A child who has mild or moderate needs will be eligible if that child is 4 years of age on or before December 31st.
- Documentation for severe needs must include a recent thorough assessment (for example, medical, psychological, or speech and language pathology, depending on the disability)
- A Learning Team must be in place to guide the program for each child with severe, mild or moderate needs. The Learning Team should include but is not limited to the parent(s), ECS teacher, Inclusive Education Coordinator, other school personnel as appropriate and additional service providers who are involved in developing, implementing and monitoring the child’s program.
- An Individualized Program Plan must be in place and implemented.
Psycho-Educational Assessment services are available from contracted and local Psychologists. Speech and Language Assessments are available from local Speech and Language Pathologists. Some students are eligible to access services from the RCSD Multi-Disciplinary Team. This team offers coordinated assessment and consultation services.