In order to reduce costs to parents/guardians, The Board of Trustees decided on January 13, 2020 to remove all instructional fees including CTS charged effective the 2020-2021 school year. Schools may charge fees for non curricular activities, clubs and sports as outlined in the school handbook and in accordance with the FVSD Fee Schedule.
To ensure that students have access to a basic education the Board of Trustees currently does not charge any fees to attend school other than fees for student services. The Board of Trustees recognizes that while some fees are necessary, some parents or students may be unable to afford such fees and makes provision for forgiving fees where economic hardship can be demonstrated.
- Applications for waiver or adjusting of the fee will be made directly to the Associate Superintendent of Finance who will be responsible for making the appropriate determination.
- The Associate Superintendent of Finance in consultation with the Superintendent shall establish criteria by which applications are evaluated
- Each application will be assessed on an individual basis from the information provided on the application form, supplemented, if necessary, by discussion with the applicant
- Rejected applicants may appeal to the Superintendent of Schools.
Application for Waiver of School Fees Form: Waiver of School Fees
- Criteria for evaluating applications under this policy shall include income levels using data available from Statistics Canada, family size and other criterion that may be useful in determining economic hardship.
- Waiving or adjusting of fees may be applied to fees outlined in the FVSD Student Fee Schedule.
- Fees may be waived for the entire school year or for a portion of the school year, subject to specific circumstances.