Teacher Training Grant
The Fort Vermilion School Division Teacher Training Grant was established to encourage high school graduates of the FVSD to pursue teacher training and return to our jurisdiction.
- Candidates for grants must have completed their high school education under the supervision of Fort Vermilion School Division.
- Candidates become eligible for grants only when hired in their first year of teaching by Fort Vermilion School Division.
- For eligible candidates, grants will be paid:
- half of the grant after successful completion of the probationary year(s); and
- final half upon recommendation for permanent certification.
- Grants will not be paid out if the candidate resigns or is terminated prior to the end of the first and/or second years of the contract.
- The maximum candidates to be approved annually will not normally exceed five.
- The total amount of the grant per candidate will not exceed $3000 per year.