School & Student Support
Location: Upper Hay River School
Competition #: 14094
Date Posted: January 17th, 2022
Closing Date: Open Ended
Upper Hay River School is hiring a full-time Educational Assistant for the remainder of the 2021-22 school year.
The Educational Assistant will be part of a school team effectively supporting students in the Divisional priorities of Numeracy, Literacy, and Connectivity. Educational Assistants work with students in classrooms, individually, and in small groups as directed by School Administration.
Schools within the Fort Vermilion School Division follow an inclusive education model. Students with diverse learning needs are included within the regular classroom setting wherever possible. Targeted and specialized supports and services are provided as required by individual students either within the regular classroom or in a specialized setting.
- Covid 19 vaccinations are required in accordance with the Dene Tha Vaccination Policy.
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Experience working with children
- An ability to work collaboratively with school staff and parents in a confidential manner
- Evidence of successfully passing the Police-Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC)
- Evidence of successfully passing the Alberta Children’s Services Intervention Record Check (IRC) if you have/had children.
Salary & Benefits:
- $20.54 to $30.14 per hour, depending upon qualifications and experience.
- Benefits will be provided after the mandatory 3-month probationary period is successfully completed.
Hours: 30 hours per week
Application must include: A cover letter, resume, and a minimum of 2 references.
Vulnerable Sector Check & Intervention Record Check:
- The VSC dated within 6 months, may follow your application, and must be presented as a condition of employment.
- The IRC dated within 6 months, may follow your application and must be presented as a condition of employment only if it is applicable to you.
- Click here for more VSC / IRC information.
Email Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Open until filled.