“Building Success – One Student at a Time.”
Fort Vermilion School Division No. 52 provides students it serves with quality education in safe, caring environments and in accordance with provincial requirements and local community expectations.
Through the School Act, the Minister of Education has vested in the Board of School Trustees the power and authority to govern Fort Vermilion School Division No. 52. The Board believes that its stakeholders are society at large, members of its local communities, students, parents and employees of the Division. The Board, however, has determined its major customer to be the parents of students.
The Fort Vermilion School Division Board of Trustees has identified three goals, which align with those identified by Alberta Education:
- Every Student is Successful.
- Quality Teaching and School Leadership.
- Effective Governance.
In addition, the Fort Vermilion School Division Board of Trustees has identified three current areas of priority:
- All students will improve reading, writing and digital literacy skills.
- All students will improve numeracy skills through practical applications of curricular outcomes.
- All students will be increasingly engaged in learning environments to improve achievement and citizenship skills.